Battery Storage Hardwick (West Oxfordshire) Oxfordshire
At Alternative Energy Solutions Ltd, we specialise in all aspects of renewable energy technologies. We are based in Oxford and also cover Swindon. Battery Storage Hardwick (West Oxfordshire) Oxfordshire.
The solar battery provides a conservative backup system which allows users of the battery paired solar panel to take charge of the surplus of the energy charge of their solar panel, to reserve that energy and to evoke its usage at will and on demand. Solar batteries allow for the Battery Storage Hardwick (West Oxfordshire) Oxfordshire of surplus energy, provide power backup systems, and are a cost-effective investment. They also all allow earnings by remitting the stored energy to the power grid.
Types of batteries
The knowledge of the battery types is necessary in the determination of their Battery Storage Hardwick (West Oxfordshire) Oxfordshire guides and tips. The battery types include:
Lead acid batteries.
They are the cheapest energy storage type. They require ventilation for optimum operation and they have a low depth of discharge (DoD), and thus a shorter lifespan.
Lithium ion batteries
They are good for residential solar installations because they can retain power, and can have a longer lifespan, with a warranty of at least 10 years. They are easily inflammable.
Nickel cadmium batteries
They are durable and can also work under extreme temperatures. However, they are extremely toxic. But are popular for large scale applications because of their durability.
They are more expensive than the other battery types. They have100% DoD, and have the longest lifespan. They are best for large-scale installations.
Ultimate guide for Battery Storage Hardwick (West Oxfordshire) Oxfordshire
Good storage and maintenance ensures durability, efficiency and safety. Below are the guides to excellent storage.
Batteries should be stored in a well-insulated space with protection from direct sunlight. For flooded batteries they can be stored in locked but well-vented boxes.
- Inverter and all DC loads are to be turned off with the controller on, if batteries will be unused for the season.
- Lead acid batteries should be kept at a hundred percent capacity and disconnected in case of long term storage.
- Although the battery manuals may differ, lithium-ion batteries should be discharged to an average of 40% of capacity and stored at temperatures between 41°F and 68°F for long term storage.
- If DoD is quite high, then consider adding additional batteries.
- Three to six days of stored energy is advisable for off grid operations.
- Bury batteries where the temperature will remain above freezing points.
- Properly drained locations should be selected for buried batteries and a drain pit provided in the battery space.
- Do not set batteries directly on concrete tops because it increases self discharge.
- When open cell batteries are used, proper ventilation must be provided to avoid explosions related hazards.
- It is advisable to use battery fans in order to reduce the chances of igniting the hydrogen and oxygen gas produced during the charging process.
- Batteries must be stored out of the reach of children.
Good Battery Storage Hardwick (West Oxfordshire) Oxfordshire and maintained battery has the capacity to last longer, work more efficiently, and be less prone to havocs. Thus, it is advisable that not not only should battery types be appropriately considered before purchase, but they be equally stored.